2021 Red River Revel Arts Festival Step Show Application
The 2021 Red River Revel Arts Festival will occur on Friday, October 8th at 6:00 p.m. located at Festival Plaza in downtown Shreveport, Louisiana.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1ST PLACE WINNER (FRATERNITY) – $2,000.00
1ST PLACE WINNER (SORORITY) – $2,000.00
The Red River Revel Arts Festival values the historical, artistic, and cultural importance of stepping in the African American Fraternities and Sororities and the community at large. It is understood that Step Shows are a form of creative expression and are consistent with educating others about the vitality, strength, and history of the organizations. In order to protect the rich culture, to display the most respect for the history, and to maintain a positive atmosphere within community that we serve, it is expected that the guidelines will be upheld by all. We are excited for the Inaugural Red River Revel Arts Festival Step Show and would like to take this opportunity to strongly encourage your organization to participate in making this event a success.
Applications are due by Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. There are no application fees associated with entry.
Eligible Organizations: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
Step Team(s) WILL NOT be paid in any form of cash and/or check ON THE DATE OF THE SHOW. Funds will be processed no later than one week after the show to guarantee payment in at least 4-6 weeks after the Step Show.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Failure to comply with these rules will result in deductions from the judges scoring for each rule broken. Details on amount of the deduction will be in the judges’ packet.
• No blatant disrespect (the use of specific organization or individuals’ names or signs in a disrespectful way) toward any other organization will be allowed.
• No profanity will be allowed. Music that contains profanity is not acceptable. If a judge or Revel representative hears suspected vulgarity, they will request a music playback from the tech team. Your team will be automatically disqualified if the use of profanity is proven.
• No vulgarity will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: extreme sexual innuendos, nudity, and obscene language. If this occurs your show will be stopped at the discretion of a representative from the Revel or the head judge.
• No liquid, glitter, bubbles, balloons, etc. are allowed on stage.
• No taps (on soles of shoes) are allowed on the stage surface at any time.
• All policies regarding conduct of the venue also apply.
PERFORMANCE RULES & REGULATIONS
• The time limit for each organization will be set at 12 minutes, beginning as soon as a member of your organization steps onto the stage (or at the start of a video, skit or music) and ending when the last person is off the stage (or video/skit ends). There will be an official timekeeper on hand to ensure compliance with this rule.
• The maximum number of steppers/performers per organization allowed is 12 members. Chapters may have up to 6 additional people on the stage or in the aisles during the performance time for props (names must be turned in as part of show).
• It is your responsibility to have a representative with the sound technician when your team performs.
• A small dressing tent will be allowed for the registered steppers/performers.
Apply for the Red River Revel Arts Festival Step Show
Step Show Applications are over for this year. We will see you at the Revel!