Terms of Agreement
I hereby apply to become an exhibitor at the Red River Revel Arts Festival and agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by Red River Revel, Inc. (dba Red River Revel Arts Festival). By submitting an application, I hereby exclude/absolve/hold harmless the Red River Revel Arts Festival, Red River Revel, Inc., all sponsoring organizations, sponsors, advertisers, the City of Shreveport, boards, employees, agents, and volunteers of and from all manner of actions, suits, damages, claims, responsibility, personal liability, loss, damages and demands whatsoever in law or equity, and from any loss and damage to my property while on the site, grounds and area of the Red River Revel Arts Festival and the City of Shreveport, Louisiana, their agents, representatives, or employees. I understand that the Revel logo is a copyright trademark and may not be used on any items without written permission from, or being contracted by, Red River Revel, Inc. The Red River Revel Arts Festival reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules.
- Purpose Rented: The demised premises shall be used for the sole purpose of exhibition and sale of original works of art in the medium in which they were juried. The following types of work are not allowed under the term “original works of art”: All forms of mass production, including commercially-produced molds and items produced through the use of a jigger or a ram‑press; work produced by anyone other than the Artist; artwork in a medium other than that which was submitted to and accepted by the jurors; manufactured items or items made from kits. (leather‑workers – no machine tooling; no machine screened patterns; no miscellaneous forms of mass production; and no buckles sold separately unless hand crafted by the Artist).
I hereby certify that the artworks submitted for jurying were produced solely by me, are representations of what is to be presented at the Red River Revel Arts Festival, and I authorize the use of submitted images for Red River Revel Arts Festival publicity. Artwork that differs substantially from juried images will be disqualified. Red River Revel, Inc. reserves the right to advise applicant of any work that does not meet the standards by which acceptance was granted, and Artist agrees to remove said work upon request by Red River Revel Arts Festival officials or their designee(s).
- Consideration: Applicant agrees to pay booth fee correspondent with accepted position.
Failure to pay fees by the imposed deadline will result in termination of your booth lease.
The applying artist will conduct all sales. All sales require Louisiana sales tax at 9.6% (subject to change). Exhibitors are solely responsible for collecting, reporting, and paying all sales taxes collected; forms are included in information package provided at check-in.
- Cancellation: The last day to cancel contract and receive a refund of fees paid to-date (less a $50 processing fee) is by July 5, 2019, after which date any booth fees paid will be forfeited.
- Duties: Artist agrees to conduct and operate in conformity with Federal and State laws and the ordinances of the City of Shreveport, including fire and sanitary regulations. Artist shall take good care of the leased premises, making no alterations thereon without written consent of Red River Revel, Inc. Premises and facilities are to be returned in same condition as when possession commenced, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and Artist will pay, on demand, the cost of any repairs required to be made to the premises as a result of use thereof. Artist must provide display equipment and any tables and chairs required. Any property, including works of art, brought upon the premises by Artist shall be at the sole risk of Artist and shall be removed by Artist by the removal time specified above. Red River Revel, Inc. reserves the right to remove from the premises all property and effects remaining after the removal time as specified herein at the sole cost, expense, and risk of Artist, and/or store or dispose of any such property and effects.
- Booth Operation: Artist must be present during festival hours. Any accompanying person must be immediate family or a partner participating in the process of creating the juried medium of Artist. Agents are prohibited.
- Hours of Operation: Artist agrees to be present on the leased premises during the hours specified each day included in the terms of this lease.
- Assignment and Sublease: It is agreed that Artist will not have the right to assign this lease or sublet the premises, or any part thereof, without prior written consent.
- Right to Enter: It is agreed that representatives of Red River Revel, Inc. may, at all times, enter into and upon said premises and examine the same and the condition thereof.
- Force Majeure: If the use of the premises shall be prevented by governmental action, strike, riot, act of God or other cause beyond the control of either party, any payments heretofore made, less any costs incurred in preparation of the facilities for use, shall be returned to Artist, and neither party shall have any further claim against the other.
- Defaults: In the event of Artist’s default in the performance of any of the covenants contained in this lease, Red River Revel, Inc. reserves the option to terminate this lease and all rights hereunder, and in the event of such termination, Artist shall be obligated to pay, on demand, any damages sustained by reason of Artist’s default, and Red River Revel, Inc. shall retain the full amount of any booth fees already paid.
- Rules and Regulations: Artist’s use of the premises shall be subject to such general rules as Red River Revel, Inc. may, from time to time, prescribe in its sole discretion governing the use of the premises. This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and cannot be changed or supplemented except by written agreement signed by both parties.
- Pets: Per City regulation, pets are not allowed on the festival site.
- Children: Children under age 16 may not be left alone in artist booths.
- Waiver of Liability: It is specifically agreed by the parties to this agreement that the Red River Revel, Inc., its agents, employees or assigners are no way liable for any loss, damage or theft of any property belonging to Artist while on the site, grounds and area of the festival. Artist specifically acknowledges that Red River Revel, Inc. provides no insurance and accepts no responsibility for any such loss whether by accident, act of God, or intentional act of destruction.