A primary goal of the Red River Revel Arts Festival is arts education for children. Activities abound at the Revel! In fact, there is an entire area exclusively for children’s activities, complete with its own performance stage! Children of all ages can show their artistic abilities by creating art projects at the Junior League of Shreveport/Bossier’s Artist for a Day. A favorite among young Revelers is the mock geological dig where children make ‘anthropologic discoveries’ without ever leaving the Revel site. Another exciting favorite is the Brookshire’s Mini Grocery Store, where children shop with kid-sized carts and “purchase” a variety of items that can be found in our local Brookshire’s grocery stores — they have a blast playing “parent” and shopping for their family — just like mom and dad!
- Daily Street Performances by Boocoos the Clown and Spinner Entertainment includes stilt walking, magic shows, balloon animals, and more!
- Shreve Memorial Library “Library Land” (Free Activity)
- Sand Art (nominal fee)
- Brookshire’s Mini Grocery Store (Free Activity)
- Northwest Louisiana Food Bank Clay Pot Painting (4 coupons)
- Mock Geological Dig (Free Activity)
- Artist for a Day presented by The Junior League of Shreveport Bossier (Free Activity)
- Shreveport Aquarium (Free Activity)
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children’s Mini Medical Clinic (Free Activity)
- Fanci Facez (5-10 coupons)
- Zeta Bounce Houses (3 coupons)
- Face Painting (1 coupon)
- Children’s Sew Day Saturday, Oct. 8 (Free Activity)